The Greenheart Guide provides you here with some great ideas and suggestions for improving our personal impact on Planet Earth - and saving money in the process!
- When you go out shopping, try to buy only what you really need
- This saves you money, conserves natural resources and reduces pollution
- Choose products made or produced in an environmentally friendly way (not tested on animals, avoid meat full of hormones and antibiotics or things made using underpaid child labour in developing countries)
- This reduces unnecessary suffering of both animals and people who may have been exploited in the making of the product you are buying
- Wherever possible, buy products packed in returnable or at least recyclable containers and with a minimum of packaging material
- This reduces consumption of non renewable resources and the introduction of more solid waste into our environment.
- Avoid buying products containing harmful additives, or which have been contaminated with toxic chemicals during their production.
- Inform yourself well, this could save your life!
- Reduce your consumption of energy, installing energy saving devices (low consumption light bulbs and electrical appliances etc) wherever possible and don’t leave them switched on when not in use. This saves you money, causes less pollution and helps to conserve natural resources
- Use only as much fresh water as you really need, installing water saving devices on taps and showers etc.
- Also, use eco friendly products for washing, so that waste water may be recycled more effectively. This helps to conserve the Earth’s most precious resource and reduces contamination of our environment
- Plan your use of motor-powered transport, reduce your journey’s to a minimum and choose economic models which use less fuel and pollute less
- This saves you money, reduces congestion of the roads, reduces contamination of the atmosphere and helps
- to conserve natural resources. It also reduces the shipment of large quantities of petroleum products, with the continuous risk of accidents resulting in huge environmental disasters
- Support recycling projects, by separating your rubbish and depositing recyclable materials in their correct
- This encourages local authorities to continue improving their recycling schemes and also gives you a good feeling to be doing at least something positive for your environment
- Do not ignore your own possibility to help conserve our natural environment by acting in a responsible and ecological way
- The actions of each individual, multiplied by the number of people taking the same action is having an enormous effect on our collective future
- Do not be frustrated. Just try to live as ecologically as you can
- Once you have discovered that the Planet Earth and our natural environment are as much a part of your future life as your own body, you will probably want to do all you can to ensure its survival
IF WE ALL BEGIN NOW TO EVOLVE ECOLOGICALLY, MAYBE WE ARE NOT YET TOO LATE!